Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Waterlily


Last night we went to 21C. Our old friend(and Dan's) Julius Friedman had an art opening for his new work, Images and Ideas. A stunning book of photography, I must say. We arrived timely, greeted by friends abundant. Daniel Mayes was the first friend I recognized. Laura Lee and Steve could not have been more gracious. They send greetings to you brother, Dan! Steve took a moment to show us a private compilation of photos Julius did over a year at their farm. Julius captured the essence of a beautiful farm on the banks of the Ohio and the eclectic world of Laura Lee and Steve. The crowd was overflowing. Yeah, Julius! We left a little early and drove over to our favorite little pub, Jack's. One must strive for balance and this was a perfect way to end our day. A burger,fries and Dean's Nacho's at Jack's always makes the struggle of artistic achievement or just a merely over-wrought day seem much more tolerable.
I came home and peeled off my 1950's dress and headed out to look at my moon flowers~~~to my amazement, on the way, I saw a water lily bud. I dashed out first thing this morning to see if it was true! Yes! A yellow water lily, just beginning to open. After a cup of coffee and the NYT, I got my little camera and revisited the water lily. She's a beauty,as you can see. I am dedicating this blog and the water lily to Dan. He inspired to to blog, he inspires me to see and write, write and see. He just plain inspires me and always says, "write, you should write"...now, hopefully, he'll say, you SHOULD take photos......His water lilies are sunk under a dried out pond, so this little yellow one is for him~~~~~

2 comments:

Dan Dutton said...

Beautiful! (write!) (& photograph!) No waterlilies in dandyland this year - but the mellow early fall makes up for it.

SBD said...

I always wait and wait for our moment to walk down and see the water lilies. : (