Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Camping, WFS and ME!



It is late, but we have Orca II packed and ready to roll, tomorrow~~~~~sometime. We still have many, many (hours, actually)last minute details. I confess, here among all of you, that we do not travel like anyone else I have ever met, or even heard of. My oldest son shakes his head in deep perplexity, when will you get there? Here's the deal..... we stop frequently, travel very short distances and really don't care if we ever get there. When I told WFS we could get back from Santa Fe in two days, he laughed and said, "Honey, you can't get to Ohio in two days!" When will we get there? I will blog along and keep you posted. With us,it is never the end of the journey, it is the adventure getting there.
We've decided on New Harmony, Indiana for our first campsite. Harmonie State Park. This time tomorrow night I will be sipping a cup of tea by a fire, in the woods. We are giving ourselves a treat tomorrow evening. We'll be dining at The Geranium Restaurant @ New Harmony Inn.
Review to follow.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Sigh. Would you adopt me? I'm a very good dishwasher, with references.

Tari said...

Ooh,that sounds like so much fun!
Please give the Christies our love.

Dan Dutton said...

(Check the green card on that dishwasher...)

I hope you & Bill are having a fabulous adventure! All's well here on the hill - Jason & I about extinguished ourselves on our ambitious project - but THAT was to be expected! Cebah says hi.

SBD said...

we haven't made 300 miles, YET! But we love hearing from all of you~~~