Monday, September 22, 2008

BBQ, vortex style

AE encouraged me to blog our 'store bought' dinner while camping at Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona. We were cruising into Flagstaff, when I spied a BBQ house with about a zillion cyclists milling about... I have never met a BBQ I couldn't eat, and most likely will love. After a U Turn, WFS wheeled me to the front of the building... Seems the cyclists had NO interest in BBQ, but in the Ale House next door.... I wandered inside the(as AE says) typical BBQ décor. A very pleasant & pretty young woman guided my choices... About an hour and a half later, we were feasting beside Oak Creek. The camp host stopped in, "what are Kentuckians eating?" Beans," said me! We were, and they were delicious! I had warmed them by the fire... My pulled pork and WFS's chicken were perfect, we had two sauces and a roll of paper towels.... However, the star if the evening was the blue cheese coleslaw... Outside of my mother's kitchen and my duplicating her coleslaw, I could pass on the chopped cabbage goop... This coleslaw was fantastic... I was borrowing a bit from WFS's cup when he discovered the delectable flavors.... That was that!!! We shared some Nobilio Marlborough Savingnon Blanc.., after a spell of staring into our campfire, we fell into dreamland... The camp host said, "you'll be tooting in the tent tonight!"

No comments: