Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BAD START TO THE WEEK

no excuses here, but i will talk about sea island and the georgian room tomorrow. my iphone lost its memory yesterday. i was devastated. i think am going out to dinner tonight. i will leave everyone with one thought- my good buddy matthew antonovich always used to say "never trust a skinny chef". i love it. he was the chef of casa grisanti for the glory years and was spectacular in the kitchen. could one say the same about a food critic........? AE

3 comments:

SBD said...

My dad always said much the same, you could tell a great cook but her/his waistline. In his day, most women were round and jolly!!!!

Cathy said...

I was born in the wrong decade.

SBD said...

Jake Morris owned the feed mill where Daddy went each Saturday. You could sell live chickens, pigs, eggs, etc. You could buy feed, as well. They had a huge industrial scale right inside the door. I was a very skinny little girl and the 4th in line of Dutton kids. Jake used to tell em when I topped out at 245, he would marry me. I would always jumped on that scale to see if I was getting close.....Jake had a lot of money and a sense of humor...guess a girl could have done worse. His wife was Ivy and that is another story all unto itself.