Sunday, September 7, 2008

Napa River Grill




After a week of planning, cleaning and carrying out Brunch 2008, WFS and I needed a little down time. After the hoopla was over, the doorbell rang...I went to the front door and to my surprise a very wild eyed woman was standing on our front porch..I need a phone, I've had four, I don't know where I left them, came her rapid fire staccato voice. Poor thing! She was normal enough looking, but obviously suffering. She said her husband was an unfaithful man.....she told me the lord would bless me if I only would let her use the phone. This kind of activity just doesn't happen in our neighborhood. WFS appeared and saved the day, isn't that the way it always is? The story is a bit longer, but you get the point, I am sure.

After that, ummmmm, exciting moment, WFS said, we need to go somewhere and relax! AE and I have been plotting for a few weeks to visit the new Napa River Grill location. Recently, Napa relocated in the new Westport Village. We wanted to sit outside, but the patio was filled. We were told at least an hour's wait. We were taken inside but before we could settle in, our hostess reappeared and said, someone had just left, she could seat us outside. This was a very good gesture by the front of the house. The menu's the same, the ambiance much the same and the outdoor seating as good as it gets in Louisville. It's a dependable, if not exciting menu. Having prepared food all day, I wasn't terribly interested in eating. I can, however, always go for a iceberg wedge. Napa does a good one. They serve a little black iron skillet of adequate cornbread and soft butter. I was scarfing this down......suddenly, I had a giggle moment. Cebah would say it wasn't fit to feed to the dogs! This loosely means it is a dry, cake type cornbread. I did eat a few more nibbles, but it is hard to eat ANY cornbread after you've had Cebah's. WFS had a rib eye, scalloped potatoes and a medley of veggies~this was quite good. I helped myself. Our tab was reasonable, the night air cool and refreshing. With no dishes to clean, Napa River Grill made a great Sunday night selection. I am saving the real review for Pig and Peaches official visit. Hopefully, coming soon.

No comments: