Friday, October 17, 2008

TOUGH TIMES

wow, it is amazing me how many restaurants have shut their doors for good in the last few weeks. some big names in Louisville have fell by the wayside. Cafe Perusa, Park place and Primo are the biggest surprises. Chef Jay Denham is one of the brightest chefs in our city, so I am interested to see where he will land. My guess is Nancy Sheperd wishes she had not hired her new chef, although i can't say i know him and i have not tried his food. Cafe metro would've been a perfect fit for him. maybe Mehrzod and he will hook up. I have been planning a trip to san fran for 18 customers, and am trying to work out a dinner for all at the Dining Room at the Ritz Carlton. Hopefully we'll be able to work out this experience. It is funny how some restaurants are too proud to accept counter offers for business, as a opposed to letting a table sit fallow for a saturday night. but they might see the light- i really want to try Ron Siegel's cooking. Also eating at Rocky Point on Highway 1 just south of Carmel. Has anyone tried this spot? I need reassurance. where to eat this weekend in Louisville? well lets see:

Jarfi's

Mayan Cafe

Shalimar

211 Clover Lane

The Old Spaghetti Factory

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Friends invited me to dine at the Old Spagehetti Factory when I returned to Louisville. While it's appropriate for family dining,I don't understand the attraction. Why wait ages to dine in a noisy oversized Applebee's that refuses to take reservations?

The food and service were so unremarkable I don't recall a single detail of the meal say that several of the neighboring table were filled by high school sports teams screaming their conversations and throwing pieces of bread at each other.

Oh to think of all the other places we could have gone, even with two children in tow!

SBD said...

I agree!
I don't no doubt that any of the others would be preferable! AE is a consummate diner, so he'll let us know which of these choices win out! And, it is sad to see these fine dining spots leave the metro area....
This weekend holds lots of fun for me.....Jaxon is here and the weather beautiful...