Wednesday, October 22, 2008

THIS AND THAT CONTINUED




Yesterday was one of the best days in recent memory...the roof is taking shape on the new structure. I swept leaves and spent the early part of the day outside in this unbelievable beautiful weather we are enjoying in Kentucky. Around 4:00PM my brother Dan arrived. We headed down to The KY ARTS AND CRAFT building.....Dan is exhibiting a few new works in their annual Day of the Dead exhibit. We had some leisure time( imagine that)...so we went to see our dear friend Nana Lampton at her lovely office overlooking the river. After that we walked down to Proof, saddled up to the bar and spent a brother/ sister moment together. We have so little time, really. If we didn't have cell phones and the internet...who knows?
Anyway, one on one with Dan, is Nirvana. My solo time with him didn't last too long, friends were abundant and captured more than a fair share~~they're my friends as well, so fun was had by all.
WFS, Dr. Polly and Jason joined Dan & I at Proof for dinner. We are treated so finely there it is hard to complain~~so without beleaguering the point, those folks need to do a serious review of the kitchen. It is such a shame. It has become the norm to have disappointing meals there...Alas, such a wonderful place.....
After dinner we trotted over to the Louisville Palace to see David Byrne. There aren't enough pages to say how great, fabulous, exciting, energizing the evening was...but when my aged legs thump the night away it is because I cannot sit still! I have seen many. many concerts in my life, this one ranked very near the top. Dan can put the event in word, I am sure.

The last photo is darling little Jaxon, hiking with Papa Bill, Chloe and Perro in Bernheim Forest.

8 comments:

Katherine Dunn/Apifera Farm said...

Now I'm really jealous. David Bryne has always been an inspiratin and favorite of mine.He actually writes a blog.

SBD said...

my son Jason reads it every day & now, so will I.... And, we wait to have another fun soul in our circle....,come soon!
Food and frolic for days:-D

Cathy said...

Sounds like a heavenly day! Katherine and I are both envious that you got to spend quality time with Dan.

I'm sorry the food at Proof wasn't up to the rest of the excitement.

SBD said...

CAN'T wait!

Dan Dutton said...

It was a great concert - the band was incredible & David B. rocked the house. The rumor was that the 6 encore songs we clamored for, (and got) were the most EVER for this tour. I liked the music better than the live or recorded versions by The Talking Heads ~ so I felt lucky indeed. & it was the greatest gang to go to a concert with. Just fun, fun, fun.

I have a crush on the backup singer with the long pointy white shoes! AND he played a 12 string - talk about versatile.

SBD said...

Dan.....I meant to say this, but didn't you think the pointy- white- shoe- great- looking guy was a bit like Robb??????

Dan Dutton said...

Yeah, that was the first impression I got ~ made me miss the centaur. (his pet name for me to use for him - ha!) Curiously, Jason sent me the link to his site & he's a Nina Simone freak like Rob.

SBD said...

Now that is a unique coincidence~~~~~