Friday, October 31, 2008

Road Trip


We just crossed the Kentucky River Bridge. We're on our way!
WFS jarred me from deep sleep and a very pleasant dream around 6:00AM. This is not an hour I am familiar with, nor have any desire to become familiar with. However, once I arise, my disposition improves rapidly. I love early morning light as the
sun creeps over the horizon. WFS had an early court appearance, so I rode shotgun to the rural courthouse, sipping coffee and listening to NPR, his daily routine.... It is a good thing to follow in someone shoes, occasionally!
The Conestogo Wagon is filled with tables, chairs, a bed and various odds and ends. We'll haul all this into the center of Philadelphia to Christopher, Audrey and Colin's new home.....
We might have a less than exciting road trip evening..... Our camping area has predicted 6 inches of snow this evening and temps in the upper 20's! If we didn't have to be up and at 'em at day break, we would have gone for it... But navigating the Mountains of West Virginia in pre-dawn light & cold, will encourage us toward more hospitable environs for the night.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

How about a side trip to Manhattan?

SBD said...

how lovely would that be? Next time, I promise. We got to hurry back and VOTE Tuesday!