Friday, October 3, 2008

This is dedicated to the ones I love:




Luke, Laura, Kim, Olin and Ruth Ann and Jim...
This is:
How the west was won and our hearts were won.
For so many years, we have traveled to visit this incredible family...
If my mind wanders to the many fascinating people, wood cutting trips to Boot, meals around the table, spirited games and conversation, hikes up the mountains, blizzards to and fro, and eating from the garden/greenhouse....
then I could only conclude; we have been very fortunate, indeed, to call them family.

The addition of Laura and Kim just sweetens the already sublime.
As I sit here, laptop in hand, I am in awe of what those four young people(Luke, Laura, Olin, Kim) accomplish...by grit, by desire and by determination.

As we were leaving the mountains, those two , honest to god, cowboys(in photo) were riding in toward Jim and Ruth Ann's..
They delighted me with some, "aw shucks, ya wanna take a picture of us?????"

The photo of Jim and I needs little explanation...we are hunkered down, ready to engage in scrabble, any variety...from the Iphone to the whiz-bang table top game that challenged me into the wee hours.

We plan on spending a truly WFS and SBD weekend..oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go, nowhere to go!
Except, a few junk stores, garages sales, farmer's market, walk in the woods and maybe, we might even slip into the movies!

No comments: