Sunday, October 12, 2008

18 HOURS OF HEAVEN

Dan had a Friday evening engagement, could I come stay over?
YES! YES!
Dan left explicit instructions with Mom and I....dinner was made, plus,
a lovely pear raspberry pie was resting on the
dough board cabinet.
Seemed as if he had thought of every detail....
except that Cebah and I might not obey his orders...
Anyone that knows me, would know I suffer from wanderlust....
my desires can be near or far.
Actually WFS and I have been known to ramble for days and barely make 50 miles.
This malady has been discussed in other posts.
Back to rambling.
Friday was just one of those sterling days...
early autumn colors, a flawless blue sky and a winding road to lord knows where....
Mom and I headed out, we drove down little lanes so narrow the trees and bushes
scraped the side of the Conestoga Wagon.
We wound around a hilltop and finally settled on visiting Dutton relatives in a very scenic
area of my home county....
Mom isn't much for long visits( I echo those sentiments)
so, we headed back to the open road.....
As we were going back home, Mom mentioned our favorite little treat, eating fish at a local restaurant...
Let's go, she said......But, what about Dan, dinner?
He'll never know the difference, she declared.
It was as exciting as being two teenagers on the loose!
We met some really good friends( by happenstance) and had our dinner treat with them.
After our evening of food and fun, Mom was more than ready to get back to Dutton Hill
and her little boy~~~~~ the new puppy.

The following photographs are a few of my favorite things( sorry about that)~~~
As I awakened the next morning, while the coffee was brewing, I had to see the mist in the field
by the barn.
It is hard to explain the magic of quiet..
it is harder still to explain the power of place.
I hope this gives you, dear readers, a glimpse.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful treat. Somewhere I read of your story of stopping and climbing on the car and your mom & aunt saying, "shake, shake, shake". It reminded me of getting so high and the people below not understanding "that high", so they judged". Appears one has to "come back down" just in order to relate. "re-entry" perhaps?" Thank you. Thank you for all your delightful stories. You are so much like your brother. History in making. So glad you know your history. Sometimes, "history" is not , what is the word I am searching for....nice. My history wasn't. Mine was a life full of domestic violence, which I am still in the process of turning around. My grandchildren deserve better. Yet, that process, itself, is hard. But people like you, like your brother, help to turn it around. So, again, thank you, thank you for all your advice, all your blogs, all that you are. You put that "smile' where it belongs! My only hope is that when people see who this blog is from, they don't call me "creepy". I am only me in the process of becoming me.

SBD said...

Sorrow can only dwell in the vessel that holds it~
let go, reinvent your life, you hold the key.
Find your personal promise.
Be respectful.

Anonymous said...

That is what I am saying. There is no more sorrow. I have reinvented my life. I see "beauty" now in everything. Just wanted to say "thank you" and tell you how special some people actually are. Will be on my way. Manners. That's all. And yes, I do have respect.

SBD said...

very good. I believe that every human deserves the best life can offer...
Give generously and life will give back...that is a tad Pollyanna, I know, as life can be cruel...but it cannot defeat unless you let it...take it from me, I know.

Anonymous said...

Forgive my curiosity, but, my human nature here talking, how do you know? "Life can be cruel...but it canot defeat unless you let it...take it from me, I know..." how do you know? Your life, from where I stand, seems utterly beautiful...forgive me if I impose, but, from my standpoint, all I see is beauty in your life...has it not always been that way? If not, sorry, but this is me, wanting to "know" what each being has lived through in order to get to where they are...

SBD said...

I have had so many challenges I could not recount them... as recent as two years ago... Horrific. My life is great, beautiful ... Perfect, but only because I never let the bastards win. I live life with optimism..., believing in me.. Ultimately, those around who do not agree, fall away because I win! I am happy and intend to stay that way... I would rather live in a chicken coop than in misery