Tuesday, October 14, 2008

PROJECTS GALORE






So, okay, is this blog becoming my confessional? I love a project...I suffer grandly when things are,well, normal...I start itching to do something...tear down a wall,clear out a closet, turn a room into something else, move the furniture...anything!~
Things were pretty peaceful after we cleared the big oak out of the front yard. Not a project in sight. It all started with moving some over crowed azaleas...then, why not the whole flower bed? And then, build a new planting bed....you get the picture.
WFS and I were talking on Sunday as we hiked Bernheim Forest...what did we love about the farm...and what do we NOT miss...the most important element to both of us was the metal roof and the wrap around porch...we just lived out there on crisp autumn days... we could stand there for an hour and listen to the sharp pelting sounds on the roof in a spring rainstorm... a little nostalgia did the trick. WFS got on the phone and called our genius handy men, Rick and Marshall....
With luck or maybe just large amount of man power, we hope to have one meal under the new porch before the snow flies...
I intend to blog my progress each day...
When the whole world is upside down, I resort to the kitchen...another huge mess makes little difference, eh?

No comments: