Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend. Monday morning and musings


After a more than crazy weekend, I have finally found a minute. Is this insane or what? I am supposed to be, well, relaxed and easing into a saner, softer, more simple way of life. Hasn't happened,yet! Musing on that lifestyle makes me wonder if sane is all it is cracked up to be...ask anyone who knows my passion for moving things about....a book could be written....
Nancy left an interesting blog and it made me think of all my sweet nieces-in-laws~~~~~~~~ see above photo.

I had lunch with Tari today at Jack Fry's and it made me appreciate what wonderful and exciting females role models Nancy and Tari are....we are so lucky to have them in the Dutton fold.
Tari works at Jack Fry's and if you aren't exhausted yet by the Jack Fry's hoopla ...let me say, lunch today was completely divine.
My friend Polly and her 88 year old mother, Eloise and I met there. We were lucky enough to get Tari( I asked for her!)....Tari recommended the Thai chicken salad. I was leaning toward the Tahi chicken salad anyway..... Too good for words. Thinly shredded chicken, crisp romaine and cucumbers were tossed in a light peanut, sesame dressing, the finishing touch was a sprinkling of crunchy rice noodles on top of the salad..... Eloise and I started with a cup of smoky tomato soup. Brightly flavored, real smoky tomato taste with just enough kick to wake up your senses. We segued into our entrees, Eloise had the special sandwich..smoked salmon, benedictine and bacon served on rye bread. She could not have been happier. She is recovering from a broken hip and she said it was the best meal she'd had in a long time. Polly had the all American burger and fries.....need I say more? Eloise and my mom are from the old school, no meal is finished until you have dessert. Tari brought us a blueberry crumble, hot and crunchy, topped with a big scoop of ice cream.....it was an large lunch, but , very, very satisfying.
I am cooking dinner tonight and I NEED to be hungry to get my creative juices going...Guess I had better go water and sweep outside to balance another perfectly executed meal from Jack Fry's.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

WFS doesn't look old enough to DRINK in that picture! What a lovely smile Nancy has.

Nancy said...

Aw shucks, you all are so sweet! WFS has a way of making one smile. I love you both, love you all and being in the fold, and pinch myself everyday to make sure I am not dreaming.

SBD said...

Tari and Alan just left...aren't we lucky three times over?

Dan Dutton said...

I say hurrah for Nancy & Tari too! Those girls are FUN!

Tari said...

I cannot tell you how much it means to me to be a part of this magical family. I hope that you enjoyed those tomatoes half as much as I enjoyed your peach upside down cake.
Yum!