Sunday, August 10, 2008

This latest entry will be about pig and peaches.  This Sunday morning
brought a small omelet, filled only with cheese. The omelet was topped with fresh tomatoes,
jalapenos, fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon.  We had a rasher of bacon, sugar cured,
and challah toast.  Hot coffee, seated outside with the morning glories in full bloom, made the morning spectacular. 
We finished our brunch with blueberrries, blackberries and white peaches. I served them the way my moma taught me, a little sugar on the fruit until the juices thicken 
and then pour a dollop
of thick cream over it all....
An instant river of creamy purple curled around the bowl.
I could have eaten the whole bowl but I shared it with WFS as he polished off the last crumbs of toast.
Ask me tomorrow if it was a perfect day, I still have half a day to go.

No comments: