Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wanderings


I know I have a tendency to go on and on about the things I love most. Cooking, eating, soirees, flowers, more flowers. cooking, eating, eating out...adventures.... My garden. My flowers. My grandsons. My home on Dutton Hill.
So what, you might ask, does WFS do whilst I engage in all this wonder and excitement? Mostly, he is a good trooper, driving me, waiting patiently and then digging holes for my amassed plants or cleaning up ungodly messes AFTER I have a cooking explosion! Yesterday was no exception. Patiently, he drove and waited. Farmer's market, garage sales and a few other odds and ends of Saturday ramblings. We ended up at St. Matthew's Feed and Seed. Around this time of the year, I go on Plant Rescue. I go looking for all the half dead, wilted or leggy plants. The throw out bin is preferable...but I will buy on the 75% table, shed or far corner. I was in the far corner yesterday when WFS wandered off, like a siren song had caught his attention...It had and it was! An overgrown backyard behind the Feed and Seed store was filled with cars, car parts and weeds. It was, as if the angels were singing for him. He raced back, nearly out of breath, saying..."you've got to see this!" We both broke through the overgrown barrier of weeds and vines and lo, there they were. His dream come true. A car boneyard!~ After much admiration, I took out my new little camera.. Here is the results. And I might add, every picture tells a story~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: