Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh, the gift to be simple

Today is a blissfully quiet and peaceful day. The clouds are gathering and grey is enveloping our section of the world.
The smoke from our little stove is traveling straight to the ground. A sign, my Moma always said, that would bring precipitation.
A strong snow storm is said to be lurking by the forecasters. I prefer my Moma and Dad's methods of forecasting. They seem to be much more foolproof. When my joints ache and the smoke is twirling toward the ground, I know to get my wash off the line or stack the wood close to the door. The weather is about to change.
There are many more predictors....but I am going to laze about and read for a bit, so I cannot divulge any more info...reading will consume me until the snow flies. And then, I plan to take the pups for a long walk.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

What are you reading? I have some good ones to recommend.

SBD said...

Mrs. Astor Regrets..and I am starting one Cis gave me for Xmas...but do recommend..I am going to read!

Dan Dutton said...

Another sign, seen in advance of this front, was a little whirlwind in the yard - sign of changing weather.

Everything is glazed with ice here this morning!

Cathy said...

I'll email you, Sarah.