Sunday, January 18, 2009

GALA, GIRLFRIENDS AND GREAT FUN







How much fun is allowed when the winds are blowing and the temperatures moderated, but still icy cold? I have admitted to winter hibernation and when going out means a thin sleeveless evening dress and high heel shoes, I must admit, I balk. I balk badly. However, I knew going to Carnevalle, a fund raiser for the Kentucky Opera, with fun and exciting friends would be well worth the effort.. We arrived in good spirits. The Seelbach ballroom was warm and very lovely. Our table was near the entrance and this proved to be a great people watching post. Friends came and went all night. The Seelbach provided an excellent( truly excellent) four course dinner...When my country girls eyes spied two lovely desserts, I must have shown my true nature( big eyed with wonder when the desserts are passed)....our server promptly smiled and lined BOTH desserts in front of me....there were many oooohs and ahhhhhs when this happened. I suppose proper etiquette would have been to protest, but I could not, would not, did not refuse...instead I ate as much as I could hold. And being a girl of good rearing, I shared.
We left the party early to finish off the evening with our friends at Proof....we took up one end of the bar in our finery....and we might near closed it down. We got up a little later than usual and headed back to Proof this morning to table hop between two sets of friends...Many from the night before but also, my dear friend Anne Bates and her daughter, Lucie...plus, Lucie's friend Maddie and Maddie's mom, Judi. They had driven in from Lexington to see Wicked. The girls were still glowing from their late night adventures and their sleep-over at 21C. We brunched, visited and hopped from table to table. If that won't cure the winter blah's, what will?

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh honey, you look HOT!

SBD said...

It was all could muster in the icy blast! Warm jammies last night by 7:30PM...

SBD said...

It was all could muster in the icy blast! Warm jammies last night by 7:30PM...