Tuesday, December 2, 2008

REFLECTIONS IN MORNING LIGHT


Early this morning as I was stumbling outside to get a stick of wood for the little red stove, I spied these birds, taking a morning bath and drinking from this little dip in the driveway.
They all fluttered off and sat high in the tree watching me.
After I closed the door and settled inside, I could hear them fussing and chirping outside the door.
It took a bit of patience to wait them out, plus the frigid morning tempatures made the wait rather exhilarating.
The results were the robins and one little junco stayed long enough for me to take this photo.

In the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it is calming to watch birds.
Pure simple joy.
When Danny Boy got his outdoor freedom this morning, he put a swift end to the make-shift bird bathing area.

No comments: