Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TREES





Today at 7:00am I began my day. A huge truck delivered a gigantic mound of dirt. I love a pile of dirt. This was especially good dirt. Compost and earth, nothing better! We started moving dirt to my new raised bed and to my herb garden. After 4 back breaking hours, the dirt was where it needed to be and the new lacy bark elms were in the ground. I have decided to name the trees Lacy & Lucy. After a certain stylish cat I know! I am too tired to bring more news, except, the lettuce is planted and I will be able to cover my bed if/when freezing temperatures arrive. That is a given in the Ohio Valley!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I am thrilled and flattered that you named one of your lovely new trees after Lucy! The princess, of course, considers it her due, but she's being very gracious about it.

SBD said...

But, of course!