Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Home


Home has its own sweetness. I spent the day reorganizing and cleaning. to most, this is drudgery, to me, exhilarating. By late afternoon, I had things orderly. Dinner.I made polenta, baked golden crispy with a very creamy center and topped with black beans, red onion and roasted red peppers...a little finish of cilantro and a warm fire made for a great ending to the day~~
The photo was made at Fort Clinch, Fernandina Beach, Florida. WFS was walking ahead on our only rainy day and this shot presented itself. We started out with low clouds through the hammock, by the time we reached the beach it was a downpour. Walking in the rain was such fun.
We made it to the old fort, as my mom would say, looking like water soaked rats. We stepped inside the old bakery and found a lovely fire in the fireplace and a long row of nice wood. WFS stoked the fire, and we warmed our wet bones. One of the more perfect adventures of Sally and Bill.

No comments: