Monday, March 22, 2010

Gardens, Yew Dell and Sarah Belle




The soft rains came yesterday, Nothing blustery. Just a billowy wind and rain. The good ground soaking kind. The rain was much needed. Though my seedlings had popped through the ground, they seemed to be patiently waiting for the final element for success, rainwater. Somehow, watering with a garden hose never brings the results of a good, steady, spring rain.
Last night, I drifted off to sleep listening to the rhythmic sound of water splashing on the earth. I went out on the pavilion around 10:00pm to take a deep breath of the rain soaked air. The smell of the earth receiving the rain is one I dearly love. One must take time to smell, not only the roses, but the wonderful smell of the earth as it inhales and exhales in the still night air.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Ahhh, thanks for making me appreciate this rainy day! Lovely photos, Sarah Belle.