Monday, January 24, 2011

ST Joseph's Peninsula, Day 3

Yesterday was a long haul of nearly nine hours. Four over my limit. I tend to do the five year old, "are we there,yet?" The day was sunny, albeit a bit chilly, so, being in the Duckie Express wasn't all that bad. I love the nomadic life! I just need instant gratification on getting there. WFS, on the other hand, is a gem of endurance.. Weaving through traffic, detours, small roads, hauling our silver egg flawlessly. I assume the role of NAGvigator..turn here, no there.. Etc.
Once we came to the end of the road and turned left onto th St. Joseph's Peninsula Road, I would have traveled forever to see the sun setting over the bay. It is almost incomprehensible how beautiful the world can be bathed in an orange glow.
We pulled up to the entrance to the state park at 6:28.. The harried young lady informed us the gates LOCKED at sunset or 6:30pm! We had two minutes to beat the deadline. Of course, she accommodated us.. Thing was, she was locking and leaving in two minutes! That means we would have missed our moonlight walk on an empty beach with MOMO wrapped in WFS's jacket and the utter beauty of awakening to the swaying palms, filled with chattery birds, just outside my window.
Welcome to paradise.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm seeing a photography book coming out of this adventure. Your photos are breathtaking. Just include a snippet of blog with each or every other photo and you have a book that will fund your renovation efforts!

SBD said...

Amy... Thanks. You made me smile ...