Friday, April 1, 2016

Adventures in Asheville


Last night a gentle rain pelted the roof of the TinCan. The mountain air mixed with rain made for a blissful night. Morning brought bright, clear skies and an abundance of bird calls. A thrilling way to awaken. If I have neglected to report this detail of my morning routine, I shall remedy that now. Each morning starts with the best latte known to mankind, delivered to me wherever I decide to start my day. I must confess, sometimes that is my cozy bed! A luxury I rarely, if ever, indulge. Some years ago we decided to purchase yearly passes to the Biltmore Estate. We don't tour the estate house very often but each time we camp in the Blue Ridge Mountains, we journey into town, to stroll through the amazing gardens and take a long walk along the French Broad River. A labyrinth of trails zigzag through the forest and along rippling creek beds. I suppose if the Vanderbilts should bequeath me the estate, I would gladly accept.... Not for that huge inhospitable house but so I could forever wander where no one seems to go. Okay, I could hear the snickering from afar, we all know it is highly unlikely that I shall be at the helm of The Biltmore Estate
.... but a girl can dream. Speaking of dreams, tomorrow we shall sleep by the sea. Our next destination: Edisto Beach.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely, lyrical... What a treat to see you writing here again, dearest SBD. xoxo

SBD said...

Thanks Cathy...I just need to, you know?

Dan Dutton said...

Wow! That sounds nice & I second Cathy's motion. XO DD