Wednesday, November 2, 2011

TRAVELING THE BLUE HIGHWAYS

One year ago WFS and I embarked on a life adventure. Hindsight is 20/20, I have been told... This is what I know one year later. Any thing you want, anything you change, anything you dream is a process.
Our process: last August we listed our home for sale. In the worse downturn of housing in a very long time.
Last October we bought a dreamy little cottage, so small I named her Thumbelina.
Last November we were found by a trembling little Lhasa Dog.
Winter, spring, summer and fall was devoted to our grand scheme... Buy a tiny home, take the tiny dog, hook up the airstream and travel the entire USA.
A few things changed in our process. Thumbelina had a voracious appetite and took a year of toil and more money than we could have imagined.
The process had a mind of its own, so to speak.
The tiny dog has a mind of his own, too!
The two old souls spearheading the process forged forward.
We have, generally speaking, survived without murder or mayhem or madness.
Right now we are gracefully floating down 175 toward the land of palms and senior snow birds. I don't mind. The cheeky girl from Pulaski County looks pretty fetching in a mumu.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for making me smile, laugh and cry with a few short 'n' sweet paragraphs, dear Sarah Belle!

SBD said...

You know the way to my heart, dear CEL