Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rainy Day Travel

7:15 am ... Drizzling rain. 7:30am... Perro and Daany Boy loaded for kennel. 7:40 am....first work crew arrives. 7:45... Dan & I have coffee, two cups each. 8:00 am... Loading & final food supplies hauled to TinCan. 8:15 am... Second work crew arrives. Painters. Lots of decisions. 8:35 am... Plumbing inspector, final inspection, passed. Tagged. Finished. 9:00 am... Hammering,nailguns,saws. Rain. Full throttle. Reviewed the list. Check. The list finished. 9:45 am...Load Momo in car. Dan loads himself. WFS makes a final swoop of house, vehicle, TinCan.10:00 am... I need coffee. We bump into Starbucks half mile away. Off we go. 11:15 am...
64 miles north on 65 WFS says, "did you get the garment bag?" "wwwwhat garment bag," I say through clenched teeth. "The one I filled with our 'good' clothes" he replies. "wwwwwhat?!
"I put our good clothes in a garmet bag and put it in your closet." say WWWWWHAT!
We are now 70 miles north of Louisville with camping clothes and no finery for the wedding.
Dan says, "you two are crazy, I just saw a sign for Outlet Malls. I have never been to an Outlet Mall, it should be interesting.."
I am grimacing at the thought and the non shopper,WFS, is saying, " I could use some new black trousers." Momo is the only sane one in the crowd.
1:15 pm......
One hour later, four shopping bags, three bendictines on pumpernickel,two lemonades and many homemade brownies, we are back
on the road... No worse for the wear and a hilarious experience to log into our TinCan
travels.
We are camping in the rain tonight.lord help us!
Stay tuned

1 comment:

michelle said...

What garment bag? That's hilarious!