Monday, February 28, 2011

CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY

Life zings along, does it not? As simplistic as it sounds, the years have flown by. I have seen many suns and moons, orbiting....I love it. Not when my bones ache, not when I feel too few hours in a day that must(somehow) end earlier and earlier each year. It's a stamina thing! Yet, I awaken each day, feeling more energy than I can invent ways to use. So, I invent. Ask anyone in my wake.
This brings me to my birthday. I am inside my house. I am quiet. I am not accepting invitations today (tomorrow or anytime in the future is fine). I am reading the NY Times, in luxury. No interruptions. I am hugging my puppy. I am making no plans. I am not building wings on houses. I am not cooking. I am listening to great new music, the Decemberists, Amos Lee, the Secret Sisters, Liz Janes...Flo and the Machine, Herbie Hancock. Loud. I am alone. I love it. I need it.
Tonight WFS will come home, we will do our usual evening.... this is very good. I want leftovers from the dinner I made last night for WFS, Cari, David and Polly. I want to watch stupid tv, WFS snoozing near-by. I want to take a long, hot bath. I want to be in my pj's by nine.
All of this makes me happy. I am a senior citizen. Senior Citizen Sally. Grandmother to Colin and Jaxon. Mother to Christopher and Jason. Joe and Cebah's daughter. What could be better? I blunder less in life, more in my stride. I love purely, I am less complicated and more demanding. I like me.
The next threshold in my life promises to open many doors. All I ask is: please, dear friends, stay with me and be there. You make my life one hell of a ride.

3 comments:

carinorris said...

Oh Sarah,
Just love your birthday post...last night's dinner was such a sweet gift from your heart...I lay down for my afternoon siesta and all I could think about were those spaghetti and meatballs...one of my very favorite meals...! And such fun company to share them with.
You create and share abundant beauty and enjoyment with so many and in order to do that, one must rest...so I hope the rest of today was all you hoped it would be...
Happy happy birthday and many happy days in the year to come...I hope to share more with you....much love,
Cari

carinorris said...

P.S. Hope you'll come by and see the apartment...it's not much on the outside, but awfully cute inside...with lots of Dutton art on the walls....I'm so close to reservoir park! Just noticed it today as I was driving by Hillcrest...I'm just a short few blocks down...the apt. sits on the cul de sac at the top of Idlewylde...I'm on the bottom floor to the far right, #4...
I'm at work mostly through the week but at home quite a bit on weekends...
Cari

Holly Stephenson Ceragioli said...

maAt what age is senior citizen? You are wonderful.